Introduction Concurrency Control Techniques | Database Management System
Introduction Concurrency Control Techniques |В Database Management System
Introduction Concurrency Control Techniques: In the previous chapter we have learned the concepts of transaction, concurrency, serializability etc. In this chapter we will see what are the various concurrency control techniques. Concurrency Control in database management Systems (DBMS) ensures that:
- Database Transactions are executed Concurrently without the violating the integrity of a database.
- ACID properties must be ensured by executing transactions.
- The DBMS must guarantee that only serializable & recoverable schedules are generated.
- It also ensures that no effect of Committed transactions is lost.
- No effect of aborted (rolled back) transactions remains in the database.
- Concurrency Control Techniques.
1. Concurrency Control Protocols
- Lock-Based Protocols
- Timestamp-Based Protocols
- Validation-Based (optimistic) Protocols
2. Concurrency Control issues
- Multiple Granularity
- Multiversion Schemes
3. Deadlock Handling
4. Insert and Delete Operations